Nursery places for children of key workers
Early years and childcare settings and schools are currently open. However there there may be occasions when this is temporarily prohibited for a particular school or setting for reasons related to Covid-19. If you cannot find a childcare place for your child, please contact us:
Alternatively you can read:
- What parents and carers need to know about early years settings, schools and colleges during the coronavirus outbreak
- Guidance for parents and carers of children attending out of school settings during the coronavirus outbreak
Special educational needs and disability (SEND), Kent’s local offer
For more information and for details of the temporary new law about education health and care plans and assessments, read our guidance for families during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Education, health and care (EHC) needs assessment requests
We want to ensure that, as far as is possible, our services to children, young people and their families are maintained. However, postal services and our internal processing of mail is severely impacted. Our SEN officers are able to work remotely so we hope to continue with our work without too much disruption
If you would like to request an assessment of your child’s education, health and care needs, please could you could send a short email to let us know that you wish to make a request and provide your contact details. We will then get back to you with information about next steps and to arrange how you can share any information about your child with us.
If you’re unable to contact us by email, we would be happy to receive a request over the phone during this period.
For our contact details please visit the SEND team page.
Chaperone licence DBS checks
Unfortunately, the service for the ID checks for a DBS is now on hold until further notice due to current government advice. This will be reviewed regularly.
You are still able to continue with your chaperone application but there will be a delay in your licence being issued due to the DBS checks being on hold. If you chose to continue with the application, we will be able to inform you once this service has been resumed.
Children in entertainment licences
Due to the government’s new rules on staying at home and away from others, we have suspended the issuing of performance licences, Body of Persons Approvals and work permits until further notice. This will be regularly reviewed, and arrangements adjusted accordingly as and when the guidance changes.
We have now opened 12 children’s centres:
- Bluebells Children’s Centre
- Buckland Children’s Centre
- Folkestone Early Years Children’s Centre
- Greenfields Children’s Centre
- Little Forest Children’s Centre
- Little hands Children’s Centre
- Murston Children’s Centre
- Oakfield Children’s Centre
- Riverside Children’s Centre
- Sixbells Children’s Centre
- Swanley Children’s Centre (partial reopen with Swanley Youth Hub)
- Woodlands Children’s Centre.
For their opening times please visit our children’s centre page.