Mid Kent Mind are continuing to offer a free Eating Disorder course as a part of our wider training offerings under the ‘mental health awareness’ banner.
This training session incorporates elements on Self-Harm, and also facts and awareness around Eating Disorders. Over the course of a three hour session people will have the opportunity to:
- Recognise signs and understand the causes of Self-Harm.
- Gain an awareness of the ‘Self-Harm Cycle’.
- Understand the myths around Self-Harm, and how harm minimisation and delay techniques can prevent the desire to self-harm.
- Recognise signs of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating and OSFED
- Understand Body Dysmorphia and Muscle Dysmorphia
- Understand the cause and maintenance factors associated with Eating Disorders
- Explore the link between Autism and Anorexia Nervosa
All spaces on these training sessions are available for free – but we do recommend people book spaces on either our introductory or intermediate Mental Health Awareness sessions before undertaking these higher-level training sessions.
For more details on all of our Mental Health Awareness training, click here: https://www.maidstonemind.org/mental-health-awareness-via-zoom/