On Friday 9 October a new Instagram account was launched, aimed at young people within NHS services and their peers; @kentandmedwaycamhs
The channel has been set up to help better support and communicate with young people who might be struggling with their mental health or wellbeing. The service wants to raise awareness and understanding of various wellbeing challenges and empower young people to feel more in control of their own mental health.
Below are some of the key aims for the account:
· Improving service awareness
· Helping young people to build positive relationships with social media
· Improving participation and young people’s involvement in service improvements
· Increasing young people’s emotional resilience
· Removing the stigma around receiving mental health treatment.